« Home | Patience Is The Heart Of Virtue » | Happy 28th Birthday, Caza!! (16 April) » | Amazing Facts » | The Short Life Span Of An Arowana » | Wondrous of A Married Life » | CSI NY Coming Soon! » | Grieving Over A Loss » | Gold fish & Arowana » | No Problems, No Worries, No Troubles, No Fears - N... » | Late To Work Today » 

Friday, April 22, 2005 

My Friend? Ha Ha What A Liar

What is a friendship? Many regard them as a blessing, a gift, something that you treasure. The same goes to me, I regard friendship as something precious. There are certain kind of people who have different categories of friendship. As what a late uncle of mine used to say;
The kinds of friends there are:

  • Sidewalk friend - the kind you don't really trust and would treat as someone who you just say Hi! to and then walk away.
  • Coffee shop friend - the kind that you would chat on daily work routines and what's the latest news in the world, which artist is seeing each other, what's the latest movie and stuff like that but not on your personal life.
  • House invited friend - the kind you will invite to your house and treat them as a family. You can sit down with them to listen discuss on personal matters but to a certain extend.
  • Sharing the same pillow friend - This is the highest level of friendship whereby your tell almost everything to this person, things you will never tell your family. They are your soulmates and you understand each other perfectly. (It could be your spouse)

I am not the kind of person to categorized my friends: you are either my best friends, or just my friends or a total stranger. If you and I were strangers, when we say Hi! to each other, you can become my friend. It is that simple. I believe I don't have any enemy, I hate it when other people have negative thoughts on me or talk behind my back. Not that I can control them, anyway but as long as you don't offend me, I will not find you offensive. That is how it has always been and I like it that way.


I have been upset these last few days. Been hearing some NOT-SO-GOOD stories about me lately. It seems that one of my colleague (or more than one, i seriously don't know) has been suspecting me of being a two faced. Being nice to them in front of their faces but tell stories about them to our superior behind their back.

I was shocked when I heard about this. Especially when these people are those I consider as quite dear friends and always pleasant to talk to. The kinds I thought would never have double thoughts on me what more accused me of something so awful and untruthful. I've done nothing except extending my friendship and yet this is happening, I just can't believe these people would dare to accused me behind my back instead of confronting me! What more when it is all LIES ! LIES! and came out of nowhere. Just based on an assumption that was 100% wrong.

Even when my other friend has already clear the air for me, saying that I wasn't the backstabber or "spy" they should be worried about, the damage has already been done.

I can forgive them if they shouted at me for no reason, make offensive jokes, wasted my time by telling outrageous stories, take my belongings without my permission or even treat my stuff as if they were theirs BUT when they acted like they are my friend, pretending to care for me but behind me they treat me as a backstabber, I find that unforgivable and no matter what they did to amend the mistakes, my perception towards them will never be the same. They can't just say sorry and pretend everything is back to normal when it is not. Kata orang; terlajak perahu boleh diundur, terlajak kata binasa la jawabnya. You might say that I overreact but if the same thing happens to you, how would you cope? What would you do? Don't you agree that the betrayal of a friend is the worst thing that can happen ? By having double thoughts on me, surely that is a betrayal from that person.

Once the package of friendship is opened, it can never be closed. When I first opened their packages, there were perfect apples in them, only to find the rotten maggots lying underneath it.

I am sorry if I offended anyone with this posting. I just want to get this load off my chest. At least I will not think about it too much. There are other fishes in the sea, as to they are other friends in the world. We just have to find the right one. Once in a while we might stumble across people like this, they are not even worthy as my uncle used to say, as a SideWalk Friend.

haiyah, friends like that no need to have la dear. buang karen jer.. kan?

u hang in there. you're too good for them, its their loss and not urs!

hang in there. In life, you meet lots of people like this. Remember, you can't control what they say or think about you, but you can control how you are going to react towards them.

Abaikan je, life is too short and precious to be hung over a bunch of losers like them.

Caza :

That is so true, if only i can read the signs earlier, it will save me a lot of quality time :D

Along :

Sometimes I'm not sure how to react to these people. Will ignoring them do it?
It is a bit sad when you are willing to split your kuih in half just to share it with them when they had one full kuih just seconds ago. But knowing that they are hungry despite the fact your own tummy is grumbling *sigh

*hugs* don't show you're affected. but ignore from hereon. you should never ever give your trust to them again. these people are not true friends. keep your distance.

*hugs back* thank you Selina, it feels good when someone cares :)

Idr86s write more, thanks.

Nice Article.

Magnific!

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Wonderful blog.

Thanks to author.

Hello all!

Hello all!

Good job!

Wonderful blog.

Thanks to author.

Hello all!

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Save the whales, collect the whole set

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Clap on! , Clap off! clap@#&$NO CARRIER

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

C++ should have been called B

Thanks to author.

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Wonderful blog.

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies

Hello all!

Hello all!

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Magnific!

Hello all!

Hello all!

Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Good job!

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Wonderful blog.

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Clap on! , Clap off! clap@#&$NO CARRIER

Save the whales, collect the whole set

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.