« Home | Wondrous of A Married Life » | CSI NY Coming Soon! » | Grieving Over A Loss » | Gold fish & Arowana » | No Problems, No Worries, No Troubles, No Fears - N... » | Late To Work Today » | Mind Your Own Business & Leave Me Alone!! » | Happy 24th Birthday To Azah » | I Am Constipated » | New Blog Looks » 

Monday, April 11, 2005 

The Short Life Span Of An Arowana

Remember my previous posting on our pet fishes? Well, I came home from work last Thursday around 7.30pm to find our arowana dead at the bottom left-corner side of the aquarium, in a nose-dived position. Ermm..he seemed to look fine the morning before we left for work.

Of course, then I had to break the news to Aqus since he's not home yet. I called him and told him about the fish. He's fond of the fish and I hate to make him sad. He didn't sound too upset over the phone, probably because he didn't want his friends to mock him for mourning over a dead pet. He came home around 9.30 and cleaned the whole aquarium. Or probably trying to erase his mind off the fish. Luckily our 5 gold fishes are still there, swimming around freely since they can have the whole aquarium to themselves now.

It seemed we still have a lot to learn on taking care of arowana. Mix them around in one aquarium with other fishes (even with the separator) will effect them, give the young arowana crickets or small fishes that are too big for them will spoil their digestion and you have to leave the aquarium machine on for 4 days before putting them in there.

To me, the incident that happened on the arowana is a reflection of how delicate and fragile life is. One moment you're here, the next you might not. Applying the situation on me, despite the fact that I no longer enjoy working at my current company, I should be thankful everyday that GOD has granted me another day to live for.


Sometimes you wonder how lucky some people were to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Sometimes you wished that you're born that way too, to live a luxurious life and buy anything you heart desired. Sometimes we tend to forget that health superceeds wealth in so many way. What good is all the money in the world if you can't trade them for a healthy body (or mind)?

I have a lady friend who has everything that life could offer her, youth, wealth, looks, luxury, life with the rich and famous and a firm career. 3 years ago, she was diagnosed with a spinal nerve complications which affected her body functionality system. She had to seek medical care locally as well as going to Australia. She had to leave work for 1 month and when she recovered, it wasn't 100%. We kinda fell out of touch except for rare outing occasions when she got transferred, but 4 days ago I received a call from her. She has been admitted again since the nerve complications has affected her brain and right side of the body functions. The doctors are still trying to work the best treatment for her but I fear that it would be another series of hospital visits. I am praying for her to recover. At the age of 29, she has a lot to live for.

I know that I should be grateful that I am healthy. Despite minor illness and some complications here and there, most of the times I have nothing much to complain about. I might not have a lot of money or fat deposits in the bank nor drive a luxury car, I am content just having enough to live by and of course, surrounded with loved ones and friends.


But, being a mere human, there are times when I get negative impact from another human's action. I guess i have to look at life in a more positive light and to enjoy every breath of air that GOD has granted me. I hope I can do that...........just have to give it try.

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.