« Home | CSI NY Coming Soon! » | Grieving Over A Loss » | Gold fish & Arowana » | No Problems, No Worries, No Troubles, No Fears - N... » | Late To Work Today » | Mind Your Own Business & Leave Me Alone!! » | Happy 24th Birthday To Azah » | I Am Constipated » | New Blog Looks » | Mario Drops Out Of American Idol? » 

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 

Wondrous of A Married Life

Weekends went as normal, we went back to Aqus' hometown, Melaka since he got to settle some family issues. I was looking forward for Nora's wedding on last Sunday but we couldn't make it , so we're going to her husband's side this coming Sunday.
It is true they say that when we got married, our life will take a 180 degree turn, in some cases a complete 360 degrees (in cases when you got married to Datuks and VIP and had to learn all the protocols). Life takes a whole different view.
When I was single, I didn't have to think about any one else in every decisions and actions I made. Although parents played some role in decision-making, they practically leave everything to my own judgement when I started working.
But now, after getting married I realized that every decision i make,I have to take consideration on the consequences or the impacts on my other half and soon my children. There are times when I tend to take things in my own hands and not discuss it first. Call it my original behaviour of doing things on my own. But I will find myself regretting if in the end when my actions hurt my other half.
Marriage life requires patience, sacrifice, willingness to listen, to give and take and always be truthful to your spouse. I know that I am changed from the old me but for the better. I used to be lazy and most of the time leave the house chores for my mother to do. I practically never lift a finger except when washing and ironing my own clothes. Now that I'm married and had to do most of the house chores on my own like cooking, washing, drying,folding , ironing and keeping the clothes, cleaning the house but of course, with help on several RARE occasions (he he), I realized that it wasn't as easy as I thought. I took for granted most of the things mom did while I was staying with her. Being a housewife is just as hectic and tiring as having a working career.
Yes, I do miss my singlehood life. The freedom and not-a-care in the world moments. Going out with friends, window shopping, bowling, lepaking at the mamak stall, going for movies.
But if I had the wish of going back to being single and unmarried, I choose NOT to have that wish because being married is far more wonderful than being single. To have somebody there for you to talk to, pour your heart out, to express your love and getting all of it back in return is very precious. To have someone with you almost all the time and tended to you when you're sick, giving advices when you're at lost and needed guidance. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

TO THE NEWLYWEDS : NORA & AZIZI - Selamat Pengantin Baru dan semoga kekal ke akhir hayat. May you live a wonderful life together and InsyaALLAH blessed with beautiful children.

Hi AzaLea--

I'm one of those boobs who has put off marriage so long in favor of staying single, I've long ago stopped even thinking about it.

Now you've made me think it over again. There's a lot to be said for marriage, and I'm glad you see the upside of it.

Your post is almost enough to make this old rolling stone want to gather some moss.

Cheers!

Hi UAO...

Glad I managed to get you to think about marriage for a while;)Yep, single life is sure fun, but i guess when u tend to grow older, there comes a need to have a companion.

Give it a try. I was skeptical and worried at first, but as I entered my 1 year, things started to blossom :D

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.