« Home | Cakkk!! I'm back!! » | Winner American Idol 4 ...Carrie Underwood! » | Meeting 9 to 5 » | Me & My Allergy » | Cahaya - Kris Dayanti » | More About AzaLea » | Waiting to Break Away!! » | Self Diagnosis Pressure Test » | From The Corner Of My Eye » | My Test Results Are Out » 

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 

Selamat Bertunang, Azah & Jaffry

Hello everyone, I just got back from my leave. Yup, I took another 3 days leave from 8/6 – 10/6 for my sis’ engagement. Add the weekends to that I had 5 days leave!! Talk about heaven.

My sis’ engagement ceremony was on the 9/6/2005. Alhamdulillah everything went well. I managed to finished all the wedding hantaran on time, what a relief.

The ceremony started at 9.30 with the arrival of her future fiancé’s family. They were already in KL since the day before .It was a long journey for them from Perlis to KL.

To cut things short, the ceremony went well, then they had some brunch (or early lunch) before departing. We served nasi putih (white rice) with “kampung” (traditional) delicacies like gulai ikan masin nenas (salted fish with pineapple curry), rebung masak lemak (shoots cooked with coconut milk), goreng ikan gelama masin (fried salted fish), paceri terung (eggplant with gravy), mixed vegetables and of course some kuih-muih (tidbits).


Here’s some photos to share. Some of them I scanned, some were from a friend’s digital camera. Apologies for the pictures quality. All in all, it was a tiring but exciting day.





My little sister, Azah. Not so little anymore.Tahun depan dah jadi isteri orang (Next year she will be someone’s wife)





The arrival of her fiance’s family





Welcoming & discussion on both sides for the future wedding arrangements. The wedding hantaran from the guys’ side can be seen here (Green colour)




Preparing for the wearing the engagement ring ceremony




Before the ceremony starts, “salaming ” her fiance’s aunts





The ceremony done by her fiance’s eldest aunt





The wedding hantaran for pihak lelaki (which I barely finish on time..hehe)





Another shot of the hantaran





Hantaran from another angle





Bunga telur (egg flower) which I made with artificial flowers. Replace the eggs with chocs






My first self-attempt to do the sirih junjung. Hu hu



Chocolates In A Basket





Kain Baju Melayu & Songket In A Deocrated Box





Cookies In Decorated Jars




Exchanging the hantaran, the guys’ are taken into the room.





A picture of sibling happiness. Aqus’ brothers and sis (my siblings in law) with my sis, Azah. From left to right: Faiq, Aliq, Azah & Farhana





Makan2x time! They must be hungry after all the complicated ceremony procedure. He he….



It is hard to believe that my sis is already engaged. Although we are only 4 years apart she has always been a little sister of mine. It’s amazing how fast time flies. And next year she will be married. That reminds me, I am getting older as days pass by. Next year I will be 29, and by 2007 bye bye 20’s here come 30’s. Errk.

cakap kat azah, congrats! sorry tak dapat datang!

ok caza..takpela, very much understood, besides makcik eton was there :D

azalea: i enjoyed your story about your sister's engagement. thanks for sharing the pictures. i've always been interested in other cultures and yours is sooo interesting. i also like how you write. i'm so glad you're my friend. :)

Thanks Selina. Glad you enjoy the engagement entry. Do share stories on your culture too. I'll post some too in the future.
Despite the grammatical error and haywire vocab, thank you 100X for liking my writing. It is an honour to receive that compliment.Makes blogging worth the effort :D

I'm so glad too you're my friend. Perhaps I can visit you if I came to the Philippines? ;)

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.