« Home | Forgive Me For I'm Merely Human » | If Tomorrow Never Comes » | It is really meaningful » | Say hi to my new arrival » | Helloo Everyone!! » | The Incubation of a Blog » | What Happened to Our Server? » | Birth Order Predictor » | What Does Your Birth Date Mean? » | What I Got for My Birthday » 

Friday, January 12, 2007 

What's With The Birthday Cake??



If I had a 5 year old daughter, I'm sure she wouldn't want this as her birthday cake. So what's with a 28-year-old-titled-married to a titled man-rich-famous woman wants this cake for her birthday?

Labels: ,

I think parents nowadays are caught up in a make-believe race to outbest each other in terms of what they can afford to give their kids. Great example would be that show on MTV (forgive me for mentioning this) My Sweet Sixteen Birthday. Geramnya tengok cite tu. Can you imagine giving a 16 yr old a Lexus, and a Gold Rolex?

For my kids b'days, I usually just buy them a small cake (1/2 kg) with their fav cartoon characters on it. We have a small celebration, just family, at home. Maybe now that Dania is going to school, I may do a small party, just invite her classmates. But still with the small cake and finger food.

Looking at the cake, I doubt the little 5 yr old even appreciated it. Ntah2 rasa takmo makan.

Itulah Along.

Some people live in a make believe world. And some are being excessively spoiled by their parents. For the latter, they are blessed by having rich parents. Although it might be a curse at times coz it doesn't teach them to be independent kids. On the former, the owner of this cake is a good example. If a 5 year old wouldn't event eat the cake, imagine a 28 year old Dato' S.N., wife of Dato' K would want that. Does she thinks she's a princess or something like that? She must have really enjoyed being treated as a princess i suppose until it is reflected in her taste for cakes. He he

It's good to embed simplicity in our kids life. So as to teach them to be independent and appreciative of the little things in life. Hopefully they will grow up to be sensible and not living in a fantasy world.

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.