« Home | Helloo Everyone!! » | The Incubation of a Blog » | What Happened to Our Server? » | Birth Order Predictor » | What Does Your Birth Date Mean? » | What I Got for My Birthday » | I am 28 !! » | You're Going to Drop Over and Sleep » | Happy 2nd Anniversary » | Back After The Silence » 

Thursday, July 20, 2006 

Say hi to my new arrival


I promised to come back to the blogging world one day and i guess the timing can never be better. Especially when i'll have new things to write about with the arrival of my son...seriously one of the reason i stopped blogging was my ideas were running dry. Now with the new arrival of my baby boy, there will be lots of things to blog about, questions to ask and concerns to share especially with the more-experienced mommies out there. I didn't share my pregnancy experience in my blog because I wanted to wait for my baby's arrival and I've had 2 failed pregnancies, so I was kinda afraid to share something that I am not certain of. But now that he is here, there'll be lotsa things to write about!!

My baby boy Amirul Iyaad bin Khairur Fakhruz was born on 03.07.06 (7 Jamadilakhir), weighing in at 3.07kg at 5.59pm in Pantai Medical Centre. He was delivered through caesarean and was 4 days early from his due date. Amirul in Arab means "Leader to" and Iyaad means "Generous".





I was hoping for a normal delivery but until late hours my baby has still not engaged. My gynae wanted to induce me and hoping that i can go normal but after hearing so experiences from mothers with past experiences with caesar and induction, they all urged me to go for caesar straight and skip the induce part because there's no guarantee that the baby will engage even after being induced. Even my gynae said the chances was 50% only. I trusted my instinct to go with c-section. Somehow with my previous histories on miscarriage and molar pregnancy, I wasn't going to take any risk. The most important thing is that the baby is fine. My gynae finally agreed after seeing that my contraction was almost none and I have not dilated as well.






So, i finally went with a half-body anaesthetic c-section. I was nervous but was thankful that Aqus was there to accompany me throughout the operation. Turns out that the umbilical cord was tied around my baby's ankle, the reason why he couldn't engaged. If i were to be induced, it would only be painful and i would have ended up with a c-section as well. Doctor's should listen to mom's instinct :)



Amirul Iyaad was born healthy and fine and the first thing he did once the dr pulled him out of my womb was opened his eyes and looked at me! All my 9 months of worrying up until I was on that OT table was washed away when I saw how perfect he was..... all those pregnancy days when I woke up at night wondering will my baby be ok? will he be healthy, will he be fine? I am thankful, syukur alhamdulillah that he's fine and sempurna sifat...so grateful to Allah for blessing us with this child.
He scored 8/10 on his Apgar ... losing the 2 points because he didn't cry out too loud and he looked a little blue when they got him out. But those are quite normal.
We were supposed to be discharged on Wednesday but Iyaad has jaundice so we stayed until Saturday until he has recovered.

I will be on confinement until 31/8, this will be a great time to get to know my son. I am staying at my mom's in Kelana Jaya.No doubt entering motherhood I've a lot of uncertainties and feel so "kekok" handling such a fragile human being (not to mention waking up at odd hours late at night), but this period will be a good time for me to brush up my skills as a mother.

To all my frens, thank you for your doa and prayers. For hoping the best for me and wishing me all the good things throughout my pregnancy until the delivery of my baby. You will see more of me in here from today onwards!

Congrats Ila,
Take good care of your cute baby and your self too...Wish you all the best and welcome to the mommie's world...

congrats illa!!! and welcome back to the blogging world.

comelnya anak kamu..alhamdulillah all things went well.
salam to your hubby n kiss little Iyaad for me okay.

cheers!

congrats!

aaaaaaaaaa... bila la dia updet ni.

hehe..

budak busyuk tu hic hic lagik? comey gile!

azrin : thanks :)

shida: tenkiu 2x...waa...iman da besar yer...da bleh buat kawan...

nad: tenkiu...dah kish Iyaad for Auntie Nad...pas pantang nanti boleh bawak jumpa :)

ted: thanks...and for dropping by :)

caza: budak bucuk tu mantain bucuk..ehehe dok hik hik la..tiap ari mesti hik hik skali dua..

Ila & Aqus, congrats on d arrival of little 'Iyaad' he is so adorable...yup its wonderful to be a mother, nothing can describe d feeling until u become one :-)....kish2 & hugs to yr litte Iyaad...mmmuahss...nanti jumpe syasya ek?

congrats ilaaaa... I like your son's name, Iyaad. So cute. Ikut muka ila la Iyaad.

Mai: dah kish da budak bucuk tu..ehe nanti kita wat gathering ek...so the little ones can be friends dari kecik..

Mama Mia: ehehe mekacih Ija...cam muka i ek?? Masa dia lahir, mata sepet cam Aqus..Iyaad baru 3 minggu..Mia da besar daa..

congratulation Ila, akhirnya permata hati itu keluar juga.. heh heh

Hie Iela! I just took my chances visiting ur blog cause terfikir gak, Iela ada masa ke during pantang nak blogging kan...but knowing me, I did that too, after a few days, drag the phone line to my room and on kan my laptop..hehee...internet and me susah dipisahkan...anyway, congrats dear! Iyaad is so cute! eh ke panggil amirul? sori tak dapat visit u lagik yea...ridhwan baru kuar spital and also ijan lak gie overseas...tu lah i beria plan nak visit u at pantai tapi tu lah, kita merancang Allah yang tentukan kan...anyway, will definitely visit you soon, Insya-Allah...till then, have a restful confinement time and enjoy your beautiful bundle of joy!!

Awak... Congrats, so sorry till now still x sempat lagi nak gi tengok u all. He's so so so cute! Masa awak baru kuar spital ari tu kiter actually dah on d way dah nak gi tengok awak tau, ngan si Leeya, but when called, Aqus said awak tgh tido & that time iela still kat ur house. so postpone nyer postpone, sampai ler lar nie, tak sempat sempat nak visit.. Hopefully, one day nanti sempat ler gi tgk gak, before iela balik ur house. Take care...

wahh...ila..congrats...!! SORRY tak sempat2 nak visit....bz gilerr

hehehe...sempat update blog lagi ek...tgh pantang tuh... ihihhiih.Baby ila cute lerr, raser cam byk ikut muka mommy dier ek ..?

Okes.... u take care..enjoy the moment..!!!

reen: it's ok dear..i understand...next time i bawak Iyaad pi jumpa Ridhwan kay! I hope he's doing well..rindu kat dia

anonymous: nie Az ker? eheh..takpe la..bebila leh tgk iyaad nie..

aapitz: it's ok aapit, sok lusa nanti jumpa gak.. Iyaad cute ek? cam muka mommy dia? maknanya mommy dia cute la yer..haha...u take care...dun work too hard...rest whenever u can..kena jaga diri bebaik

What a beautiful baby!! :-)

eheh hope i'm not too late to wish you ila :) welcome to parenthood :) enjoy and cherish every moment coz u wont be able to grab it once its gone :) have fun raising amirul iyaad :)dont forget to take good care of your health ye :)

love always :)

Ummi Indah

kak Ila,
Tahniah to both of u..of arriving iyaad, Kami nie dr sehari-sehari nak g rumah akak tgk akak&Iyaad tp tak kesempatan. Yek laa kan Israf keje shift so tak tentu masa. But i will find one fine day utk visit both of u...take care. Campuran muka kak ila&baguk...comei...welcome to Iyaad

Ila!!

Aduh..along pun dah lama tinggalkan dunia blog, tak sempat nak update or visit org lain.

Sebelum makin basi, hehehe...selamat menjadi seorang ibu!!!

May you and your family be happy and healthy always.

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.