« Home | Childhood is mystery walking hand-in-hand with vis... » | Life » | Where Is My Motivation? » | Back From Raya Haji » | A Drawing of Azaleas » | A Painting of Azaleas By Ron WIlson » | Real Azaleas In Action » | Happy Birthday To Ayang- 21st Jan » | Azalea? Why Azalea? » | Finally I'm Doing This » 

Friday, January 28, 2005 

Do you believe in Ghosts?

The topic of ghosts will surely arouse interests. To encounter supernatural stuffs like ghosts, djinns, UFOs, poltergeists or even weird sounds at night will surely bring out goosebumps. The funny thing is a lot of people enjoy being frightened. This includes me being the horror flicks addict even if the story line sucks. It's the excitement you get not from how the movie goes but from what ghostly apparitions they feature. English movies like The Sixth Sense, Exorcist, Poltergeist and even 13teen ghost are sure scary to me. You got absorbed on the producer's idea that ghosts can hurt you or even kill you. Not to mention the Japs, Chinese, Thais and Koreans like Ju-On, The Eye, Tale of Two Sisters, The Sisters, Krasu, the lists goes on. Most of the time I got lost during the movies (due to bad subtitles or the complicated storyline), but still I will be glued to the sofa until the end.
Talking about real life experience, I think I have encountered them once. Or did I? Hmm I can really quite understand what happened though. It was real but seemed unreal at the same time probably because it happened in the month of Ramadhan.
I had never stayed in a boarding school before, but when I got accepted to MRSM Muar in 1993 after the SRP (orang lama beb, skang dah PMR) results, I was excited because it will be a totally new experience for me. We were placed in a new two-storey brick hostel (the old ones look more like rumah panjang and were made of papan), I was ecstatic since I will be getting a brand new room and 3 other my roomates Azie, Lily and Malis were really nice. New buildings, as usual, will have the electricity problem. We didn't have electricity for about 2 months. One night I was lepaking in the room with my roomates. My room faced the small hutan. I was sitting on the bed facing the door while these 2 friends of mine Azie & Marina were facing the hutan. We were chatting away when suddenly they had this weird look on their face and one girl said to another "Kau nampak tak apa yang aku nampak?" and the other just nodded her head and they started screaming. I jumped out of the bed, ran to mine and covered myself under the sheets. I didn't see anything though, I didn't even know why I got so scared. So, one of my friend, Marina yang mulut dia takde insurans just said to me "Eh, kau jangan takut sangat, nanti kau kena." Memang sah mulut dia masin tahap maksima, because something did happened to me that night.But before that, I asked them "Apa yang korang nampak, aa?" (dengan muka yang cuak still hiding under the sheets ala kura-kura). Marina said she saw a light macam lampu torchlight lalu straight across at my window macam ada orang suluh bilik. Dia kata she can see the lampu clearly macam orang tu suluh direct kat bilik. The scary thing is my room is on 2nd floor! Who can be that tall to suluh lampu torchlight direct macam tu? We end our chatting session there and then and decided to go to bed. I woke up with a sudden urgency to go to toilet, so I jenguk outside the room and looked at the toilet door which was 2 doors away. I saw candle lights flickering and I thought " Oh! ada orang basuh baju dalam bilik air". So, I just put on my selipar and enter the toilet. The toilets at the hostel is like normal hostels whereby the first part will be the rows of shower room, in front of it is a long stretch of the tempat membasuh, behind that would be the sinks and then only the toilets. Being the scared but curious cat I am, I turn to look at the persons yang tengah membasuh. What I saw wasn't frightening because at the end of the tempat membasuh dalam kesamaran cahaya lilin was 2 of my friends next door yang sedang tunduk membasuh something. Both were wearing baju kurung, funny thing. At the same time, I heard water splashing from the end sink. I just got into the toilet and heard a very familiar friends' voice calling me "Ila, ila" but maybe because I was too sleepy or maybe GOD didn't want me to answer, I just buat derk jer. Opened the door and headed straight back to my room. I can hear footsteps following behind me, 2 girls entered the room next to me while the other one on the other next. (Luckily none were my roomates!). I looked at my alarm clock, it was 12 midnight. I made at mental note to ask the girls the next morning, why they were doing their washing late at night (lights out is at 11pm, no activities were to be done after that). So, I asked them the next morning,


Me: Eh, apasal you all basuh baju kul 12?
Ayu: Ngigau ke Ila, mana we all ada basuh baju malam semalam? Kitorang dah tidor kul 10
Me: Huh?.....Jangan la tipu, I nampak u all semalam, U, Diana ngan Farah.
Ayu: Takkan la I nak tipu kot, tak caya tanya la diorang. We all tidor sebelum lights out lagi.

None of them mengaku diorang basuh baju malam tu..errkk..alamak aiiii...pastu semua tidur pakai shirts and track bottom, takde yang pakai baju kurung. At that point, I rasa my face was white like sheets. Besides, these girls weren't with us last night when that torchlight event happened. So, tak boleh la kata dey all nak kenakan I. I pun boleh tak perasan, the candles in the toilet were still flickering even when the paip water was gushing down. Tak padam pun. Ermm... mungkin itu satu dugaan Tuhan. I wouldn't have gone into the toilet if I knew something was not right. But i was grateful than when one of the 'thing' called me while I was in the toilet, I didn't answer.Somehow I felt protected.
There were many ghost encounters in MRSM Muar. Too many nights, we slept cantumkan tiga katil sekali, tak turun prep malam atas arahan dari cikgu, hearing weird noises in the night, knocking on the windows, seeing supernatural stuffs and of course the infamous histeria. These strange happenings seemed to take its peak masa nak dekat SPM. Maybe because all of the students were stressed out and they started to see things.
To me, it was a scary experience but meaningful. Made me realise sememangnya ada makhluk halus (tapi boleh dilihat dengan mata kasar, when they want us to see), so kita kena la jugak jaga mulut and perbuatan kita. I wish I can take the Entiti Bukti team with me that night..haha..so they can film the whole thing. Tapi makhluk nie pun takkan keluar bila ada orang nak filemkan diorang ye tak? I will share other experiences if anyone's interested. Just drop a few comments.


P/S: I am diverting the topic from my daily routine life just to share something out of the norms. Missing my wonderful years in MRSM Muar...life is so much simpler when u are a student..Just think about studies..studies..studies...

hah, i remember this story. :)

Ahaha...now i know who you are...my exclassmate ghupenye....thanx for dropping by. When can i read ur blogspot pulak?

nope, wrong again. wasn't ur classmate dear. try again yek?

Okay..not my classmate, are you my schoolmate then? Gimme some clue la..i am so lost *sigh

nope, not your classmate too dearie. :)

Post a Comment

Yours Truly

  • I'm AzaLea
  • From Cyberjaya, Malaysia
  • Easy Going. Rebel In Silence. Observant. Overcritize. High Aspirations & Dreams. Love Children. Have Just Given Birth To A Beautiful Baby Boy.Love To Have Everyone Around.Love To Be Around Everybody Else.Outgoing. Talkative.
Click To My Profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.